What are you doing each day, week or year to make others, but more importantly yourself thankful? Many of us wait until a special marker in time like Thanksgiving to show gratitude and an appreciation of what and who you have in your life.
There are many reasons for this tendency to hold off.
- We get caught up in our day to day activities and rarely pause to proactively think about what we have in our lives.
- We don’t have the “cup half full” mentality as we attempt to deal with things that may be less than ideal in our lives.
- We are waiting to be happy before we are thankful.
No matter the reason for waiting, it is important to take the step towards being thankful. The accepted perception of not being grateful because of a poor situation is the opposite of true. It is when we are honestly thankful for both the positive and negative (because they often lead to a bigger positive when perceived differently) in our lives that we attract and experience our own happiness.
This belief and practice should encourage us to not only be thankful for what we have, but practice bringing that feeling to others by performing acts that show your gratitude for their presence in your life. That’s right. Actively expressing your gratitude to those responsible raises your level of personal satisfaction. Try these three steps to experience more by giving more.
- Choose 3 people and honestly thank them for being in your life
- Do an unexpected good deed for 2 people
- Be thankful for yourself (who you are)
Remember, you can accomplish this by following the 3, 2, 1 method I outline in the video. Take the challenge, do the three steps, and let me know how it works by commenting on social media, via email, or in the comments.
One last thing. I would be very thankful that if you found any value in this or know someone who will, please forward or even better, share it on social and consider subscribing.